Raven can be mounted on the dashboard or the windshield. Here are things to keep in mind when looking for an ideal location:
- Ensure Raven is not obstructing your view of the road
- The proximity sensor (for gesture detection) is not blocked by objects or the dashboard
- typically about 2 feet of clearance is required
- if mounted on the windshield, ensure the sensor is not too close to the dashboard
- Raven is not tilted so that the sensor points towards the dashboard
- the protective covering is removed (this can cause false positive gestures)
Please see our Tutorial Videos section for Raven installation overview.