Raven can be mounted on the dashboard or the windshield. Here are things to keep in mind when looking for an ideal location:
- Ensure Raven is not obstructing your view of the road.
- For windshield installations, pull back the far sides of the plastic mount so the adhesive in the middle touches as much of the glass as possible.
- Make sure the proximity sensor (for gesture detection) is not blocked by objects or the dashboard.
- Typically 2 feet of clearance is required to prevent triggering gestures.
- If mounted on the windshield, ensure that the proximity sensors are not too close to the dashboard. Lift the swivel mount as high as possible from dash mounted Ravens to prevent triggering movement events in your vehicle.
- Make sure your Raven is not tilted downward so that the sensor points towards the dashboard.
- Ensure all protective covering is removed as this can create false positive gestured videos.
Please see our Tutorial Videos section for Raven installation overview.