Raven Connected Fleetio Integration Follow
Raven Connected now offers an integration with Fleetio for those customers looking to add advanced fleet maintenance. The Fleetio Integration can be enabled by Raven Customers via the Web App. Note The Fleetio Pro Plan is required.
How to configure the Fleetio integration in your Raven Account
- Log into your Fleetio account and open the “Account” Menu and select “Integrations”
- Select “Manage API Keys”
- Then “+ New API Key”
- Enter a Label for the API Key (perhaps “Raven” or Raven Connected”) then select “Generate API Key”. You will require this API Key and your Account Token found below the API Key table to configure the integration.
- Log into your Raven Connected Web App and select ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Integrations’.
- Select “Add Credentials” and Paste your Account Token and API Keys in their respective locations and select “Save”.
- Configured vehicles with matching VINs, Names, or Raven Serial Number in both your Fleetio and Raven Accounts will begin populating GPS Location, DTC, and Odometer values from collected Raven data into your Fleetio dashboard daily.
The Raven Connected Fleetio Integration
The Raven Connected integration with Fleetio relays three data points to Fleetio each morning including last known GPS location, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), and the latest odometer, if available.
To establish the link between the two systems, we require the account token, as well as a security token set up on the Fleetio system. Please refer to your Fleetio Account for more details. No other information needs to be shared with Raven Connected. The integration automatically identifies vehicles that are shared between the two systems.
In order to identify vehicles shared between the two systems, Raven Connected tries the following steps, in order, until a match is found:
- First Raven Connected compares the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) between the vehicles the Ravens are currently in with the registered vehicles in Fleetio. If there is a match, it uses that vehicle pairing.
- If no match is found via VIN, it then compares the vehicle name in Fleetio and the vehicle name in Raven Connected. Raven Connected selects the first match, if one is available.
- If no match is found by name, it then compares the Raven serial number with the names in Fleetio.
Additional Information on the Shared Data Points
The last known GPS location of the Raven is sent to Fleetio each morning. If the Raven has been offline or otherwise does not have cellular connectivity the previous day, then no new GPS location will be sent. The date and time of the last known GPS location is sent along with the location.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes
Active DTC codes and a brief description, if available, are sent to Fleetio each morning as long as the DTC code is still active and the Raven was online and cellular connectivity. Once the code is no longer active, it will no longer be sent.
For vehicles newer than 2020 Raven sends up the last known odometer reading from the vehicle, as reported by the vehicle. This is the most accurate odometer reading available.
Vehicles older than 2020 typically do not report their odometer value to Raven. As a result Raven needs to infer the odometer value from a number of sources. It starts with the most recent odometer value stored in Fleetio. Raven Connected then compares the date of the odometer value with the driving history to determine which trips occurred since the last odometer reading. Raven Connected then uses the GPS information to measure the distance traveled over that time and adds it to the existing odometer.
Correcting the Odometer Value
The inference method to determine odometer value is not as accurate as the true odometer reading, and the error in odometer reading is due to a number of factors, including GPS inaccuracies or loss of data, tire size on the vehicle, initial odometer value, among others. The odometer value may drift higher or lower than the actual odometer value. Correcting the odometer value in Fleetio is easy. If the Fleetio value is too low, simply add a new odometer record with the correct value. It is best to read the value at night, or early in the morning and set the reading date to be the date in the morning (not the night before). If the Fleetio value is too high, then any value higher than the actual odometer must first be voided and then the new odometer value is to be added.
After setting the corrected odometer value, review the meter history in Fleetio to ensure that the correct odometer value is the most recent non-voided value. If not, then Raven Connected will not use the newly entered value, but instead use the most recent odometer value.
Note that for this trip distance accumulation mode to function, the odometer reading in Fleetio must be non-zero. If the vehicle exists in Fleetio, but there is no odometer set, or the odometer is set to 0, then no odometer calculations are performed.